Sickness Certificates

Form SC1, “Self Certificate Claim Form for Sickness Benefit (Including Invalidity Benefit)”, for the self-employed, unemployed and those patients who have special medical treatment (dialysis, radiotherapy, chemotherapy and plasmapheresis) is available from the surgery.

If you are an employee, your employers may ask you to complete their own self-certificate form or Form SC2, “Employer’s Statement of Sickness”, of a period of illness of less than 7 days.

Sickness – Self certification (SC2) form is available here

All claimants who have been sick for more than 7 days should see the doctor to obtain a sick note (Medical Certificate) either on, or the day before, the expiry of the period of self-certification.

Please note that a fee is payable should a private sick note be required.

Department of Health Logo NHS UK Logo Freedom of Information Logo